The President-elect of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr Olumide Akpata, has set up a 12-member Transition Committee that will work with the counterpart Transition Committee set up by the NBA President, Mr Paul Usoro SAN to ensure a smooth hand over by the end of August 2020.
Mr Olumide Akpata who made this known to our correspondents today revealed that the Transition Committee is headed by Mr George Etomi, Pioneer Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, Section on Business Law (NBA-SBL) to be ably assisted by Prof. Peter Akper, SAN while Isaiah Bozimo is to serve as Secretary of the Transition Committee. The Transition Committee also includes the General Secretary-elect of the NBA, Mrs Joyce Oduah and the Treasurer-elect Mercy Agada.
Mr Olumide Akpata also disclosed that the membership of the Transition Committee was drawn from NBA Branches from across the country. He also noted that he had personally spoken to each member of the Committee and they all accepted their appointment and expressed their commitment to work towards a smooth transition and lay a solid foundation for his incoming administration.
The full list of the President-elect’s Transition Committee is as follows:
1. George Etomi – NBA Lagos – Chairman
2. Prof. Peter Akper, SAN – NBA Abuja – Vice-Chairman
3. Joyce Oduah – NBA Lagos (General Secretary-elect)
4. Chibueze Oguchienti – NBA Onitsha
5. Yemi Akangbe – NBA Lagos
6. Damian Nosike – NBA Owerri
7. Yemi Oke – NBA Lagos
8. Rose Briggs – NBA PH
9. Aysha Ahmed – NBA Zaria
10. Mercy Agada – NBA Oturkpo (Treasurer-elect)
11. Deborah Achanya – NBA Minna
12. Isaiah Bozimo – NBA Abuja – Committee Secretary